Friday, January 1, 2010

Busy Year Ahead

2010 is lining up to be an interesting year. There are a lot of changes that will be happening in my life and practice. I will be continuing my work at the Center for Human Development (CHD) Union County Public Health until April 16th. After that I will be moving to Santa Rosa, California to start a six month internship. I will end the year back in my home town of The Dalles, Oregon.

In the next few months I will continue to focus on teen pregnancy prevention. A coalition has started in Union County, and should be self-sustaining by the end of my service. The county is in desperate need of help in this area. If you're interested in joining the coalition please call 541-962-8836.

I will have 2 weeks between leaving CHD, and starting my internship. I will be doing a residential internship at TrueNorth Health Education and Fasting Center. At the end of my time there, I will be eligible to be certified by the International Association of Hygienic Physicians in Therapeutic Fasting Supervision.

I'm looking forward to this internship. Fasting is an area that is lacking in the education of most physicians. Learning more about this, often misunderstood, method of healing will be a wonderful experience. In the coming year I plan to post more entries about fasting.

1 comment:

Matt Cleveland said...

All the best, Tristin. It sounds like a year full of adventure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails