Monday, May 3, 2010

It begins

After a beautiful, but exhausting, train trip I finally arrived in Santa Rosa. I've been very busy since I arrived. Hopefully, I'll get used to the work pace and won't be so exhausted soon.

Arriving here is shocking and comforting. The weather and plants here are a complete change from what I'm used to. It seems like everything is in bloom! The center is in a converted apartment complex that surrounds a central courtyard. I am currently sharing a 2 room suite with another person, although I have rarely seen her. Everyone here is very friendly, so I have no reservations about living here for the next 6 months.

My day starts with rounds at 7:15 am. Once rounds are finished I get to eat breakfast. About the time I finish eating, its time to start the first presentation. The morning presentations are often on video, so I have to find the correct one and start it. I want to stay and watch all of them, so I know what information the patients are getting. It's then time for lunch. After lunch I have some time until the afternoon presentation. Once the afternoon presentation is over it's time for evening rounds. I eat after checking everyone, but before data entry. So far, I've been exhausted after data entry and go to bed, which is around 8 pm. As you can see, there's not much down time during the day!

The food has been interesting. The main portion is an ever changing raw salad bar. There's also a variety of fruits. There are then a few steamed vegetables and cooked grains to choose from. You won't find any croutons here since we don't serve refined carbohydrates.

Now on to the guesses on my weight. I'm no longer biking and I'm eating 3 prepared meals a day, so my weight may go up. I do have to go up and down a lot of stairs since its a 2 story complex. I'm not sure how its going to balance out, but I'm still guessing that my weight will remain stable, or hopefully drop to my usual weight of 115. This morning my weight is 123.4.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails