Friday, January 30, 2009

Lead Exposure

Many parents are becoming more aware of the presence of lead in various items. The Consumer Product Safety Commission sends out e-mails on various recalls on an almost daily basis, and most of the recalls are due to "lead hazard." I recommend that everyone subscribe to the CPSC e-mail recall announce list.

I assumed that most people realized that the biggest exposure to lead is home remodeling. After all, we used to use leaded paint. I guess this wasn't so obvious since a report was just released on it. My advice is to consider postponing remodeling if you have any children in your home under 3 years of age.

If you live in an older home, or have any other lead exposures, please consider getting your child's lead levels tested. I can assist you in evaluating risk hazards, testing your child, and provide treatment if needed. Please call 541-663-6962 to schedule an appointment.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails