Make sure you know the facts about HIV.
- It is not spread through casual contact! You will not get HIV by hugging someone who is infected.
- People with HIV do not necessarily look sick. You cannot tell if someone is infected simply by looking at them!
- Respect yourself and your sexual partners by using condoms every time you have intercourse.
- Don't use IV drugs! If you do, make sure you have a new needle every time.
- Get tested.
- If someone tells you they have HIV/AIDS treat them with respect and honor confidentiality.
- HIV/AIDS is not a death sentence, people are living long meaningful lives after diagnosis.
For more information about HIV/AIDS please visit http://www.aids.gov/. If you are interested in testing please call and make an appointment, 541-963-7435. In honor of World AIDS Day I am offering 50% off appointments focused on HIV/AIDS testing and treatment during the month of December.