Friday, December 12, 2008

Natural Childbirth

I wanted to post an update for those of you who have been following my efforts to add natural childbirth to my practice. I was hoping to start classes in January, but will not be able to. The program I was hoping to enter does not accept people who have already received their ND. They are working on changing this rule, but I won't be able to start my training until fall '09 at the earliest. My training will take at least a year to complete, so I will not be able to assist women with their births, as the primary care taker, until fall '10 at the earliest.

I still strongly support a woman's right, and ability, to have a birth wherever she chooses. I urge everyone to watch The Business of Being Born, especially those who are pregnant or are planning on becoming pregnant. This documentary focuses on the birth industry and how in-hospital births can cause more harm than home births. Netflix subscribers can watch this movie instantly.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails